Both inside the Aigüestortes and Lake Sant Maurici National Park and in the surrounding area, you will always find a trail that suits you: from short family walks to long mountain hikes.
- 4x4 Excursions
4x4 excursions in the heart of the Aigüestortes and Lake Sant Maurici National Park. More information
For those who want to feel a strong adrenaline rush and connect with nature at the same time. In the area there is a wide range of specialised companies that offer adventure sports in all safety by providing the necessary equipment and a qualified guide or instructor. Important exclusive discounts for our clients in many of the adventure activities. We will give you more info at the reception.
Canyoning (descent along canyons)
Adventure circuits in the trees
Alpine, Nordic and mountain skiing, together with snowshoes, are one of the best ways to enjoy the landscapes of the Alt Pirineu Natural Park and the Aigüestortes and Lake Sant Maurici National Park. A total of 5 ski resorts (Espot Esquí, Port Ainé, Tavasacan, Virós-Vall Ferrera and Baqueira-Bonaigua) offer a wide range of options to experience the snow to the full, with the Espot resort being the only one located next to a National Park and the closest, just 5 minutes from the campsite.
El Pallars Sobirà, and especially the Àneu valleys, is a region of churches, secluded chapels and monasteries, with tall bell towers crowned with slate slabs that stand out above the villages and small hermitages hidden among the hills and mountains.
- Santa Maria d'Àneu, in Escalarre
- Sant Just i Sant Pastor in Son
- Sant Joan d'Isil
- Sant Pere del Burgal, in Escaló
FESTIVALS AND TRADITIONS
- Falles d'Isil, Festivity declared of National Interest in June 2010 and Intangible Heritage of Humanity by UNESCO in 2015.
- Setmana Santa (Holy Week), the Stations of the Cross and the Passion of Christ in Esterri d'Àneu.
- Esbaiola't Festival, in Esterri d'Aneu, street performing arts I for all audiences.
- Curtàneu, International Short Film Festival in les Valls d'Àneu, Pallars Sobirà. The festival is part of the Catalonia Film Festivals.
MUSEUMS AND INTERPRETATION CENTERS
A living and surprising culture that you can get to know thanks to the dissemination and protection of our historical heritage.
- Ecomuseu de les Valls d'Àneu, in Esterri d'Àneu
- La Casa de l'Ós dels Pirineus (Pyrenean Bear House), in Isil
- Butterfly museum of Catalonia , in Ribera de Cardós
- House of the National Park, in Espot
- Món Natura Pirineus, in les Planes de Son
- Espai Museístic del ferro, Casa Sintet, in Alins
- Tavascan Interpretation Centre, The power of water
The best way to savour Pallars Sobirà is to try the local products that are manufactured in the area. Be sure to visit our local producers, who will offer you their best local products, and explain how they make them: cheeses, yoghurts, sausages...
In the restaurants of the region you can taste all the flavours of the Pyrenees on the table: mushrooms, game meat, grilled meats, vianda or escudella (catalan soup with pasta, rice or both), girella (lam sausages), trinxat del Pallars...